The beginning of aType 2 diabetes is often uncharacteristic. Since the metabolic disorder slowly builds up, many sufferers at the beginning often so unclear and sometimes even so little complaints that they do not suspect for years of their disease. This is especially dangerous because the high blood sugar can cause damage even in this time.
Our Top 10 Tips for Type 2 Diabetes
So it is all the more important to correctly interpret early symptoms.
Typical signs / symptoms of type 2 diabetes are:
- Performance drop and fatigue
- blurred vision
- increased susceptibility to infection (e.g., bladder infections or respiratory infections)
- inexplicable weight loss (but rather the exception)
- increased thirst (only with high blood sugar)
- frequent urination (only with high blood sugar)
- badly healing wounds
None of these symptoms must be mandatory. Real clarity brings only the blood sugar test at the doctor.
Author:Dr. med. Jörg Zorn