How long does it take, on average, to get pregnant?

The information is a bit confusing, but let's try it. With a fertile woman and regular sex around ovulation, the chances of getting pregnant are around 20-25%.

Our most important tips for getting pregnant

Continue reading...

But that does not mean that you can do it automatically after four to five months. After half a year, 60% of women are pregnant during regular intercourse during the period of fertility.

Pregnancy - Pregnant

After one year, the probability is 85%. Of the remaining 15%, about half become pregnant in the aftermath, without any medical intervention.

Back to baseline question: On average, it takes eight months for couples with active children to become pregnant.

Read also:
Tips: What helps with getting pregnant?
When is the right time for a conception?

Author: Dr. med. Jörg Zorn