Too high blood pressure does not hurt. Otherwise he hardly causes any complaints. That may sound reassuring, but that's also a problem. Namely, first, that hypertension is usually discovered only after it has existed for years. And second, that even after the diagnosis, you are inclined not to take him seriously.
Unfortunately, however, a hypertension, as the high blood pressure in the medicine Latin is called, despite the symptom poverty dangerous for life and limb - at least in the longer term. Therefore, it is definitely worthwhile to do everything to keep the blood pressure within the normal range. The following tips should give you some suggestions.
- 1. Measure your blood pressure regularly. Best twice a day. There are sphygmomanometers for the home,for example here, It is advisable to carry out a control measurement in the pharmacy or the general practitioner in order to obtain reliable values. This is the only way to ensure good control and to react quickly to derailments. For times too high values: Please go to the doctor!
- 2. Make sure you have a healthy and nutrient-rich diet. These include a lot of fruits, vegetables and herbs as well as at least two liters of water every day. Replace "empty" carbohydrates, such as sugars or white flour, with whole grains. Important nutrients for the treatment / prevention of hypertension are: coenzyme Q10, antioxidants for the reduction of free radicals, omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid and magnesium. These vital substances have been shown to help lower blood pressure, but also require the secondary plant substances from herbs, fruits and vegetables. A study by Oxford University showed that 8 servings of fruit and vegetables are the best cardiovascular food daily.
- 3. Can not your daily need for vital substances With the help of nutrition cover, look for something that will ensure a permanent basic care. We often recommend a special one hereHealth juice, which covers all important vital substances and phytochemicals with one spoon per day. One bottle will last for about 50 days. The efficacy has been proven in studies.
- 4. Pay attention to your weight. Whoever manages to lose weight does a lot of good against the high blood pressure. A rule of thumb is: 10 kilos less body weight lower blood pressure by about 20 mmHg.
- 5. Be careful with salt. Too much salt raises blood pressure. Just use other spices and herbs to give your food the finishing touches.
- 6. Move regularly, preferably in the fresh air. Whether sports or walking, daily exercise helps to lower blood pressure. Moderate effort is better than over-burdening.
- 7. Be cautious with alcohol. Even small amounts are enough to raise the blood pressure. The same applies to smoking - the less, the better.
- 8. Targeted relaxation also helps while lowering the blood pressure. Whether yoga, autogenic training or aPower Nap, good is everything that breaks down the stress hormones.
- 9. Take the prescribed medication against the high blood pressure regularly. Standard blood pressure is essential to prevent heart attacks, strokes or other long-term consequences. Sometimes several medications are needed. If you get any side effects from the medication (such as tiredness or coughing), talk to your doctor about it. Often then a change of preparations is the solution.
- 10. Do not rate your high blood pressure after that, as you are subjective. The fact that you have no symptoms does not mean that the high blood pressure has disappeared.
Author: Dr. med. Jörg Zorn